my first introduction to Zombie Island

   


 Actually the whole story about  a certain reservoir with an island filled with Zombies started once - more than a decade ago - when my companions were sailing and decided to stay a night at an island there what they had called 'Skull Island'  after their first discovery of it because of a huge skull of stone they had found  during that event. 

   


But this time they had a tent with them and a phone with an internet connection and after they had made there camp they were sitting relaxing a bit while dusk was falling rapidly. 

   


Then all of a sudden they had heard noises and they told that by internet (Facebook) to the people who were interested  in hearing about their adventure. Maja's sister - Maja is my mrs Companion - suddenly said:"Are there Zombies?" and that was it. From that moment it appeared there were Zombies at that island. 

Before it had become a reservoir there had lived people in that valley for generations. When the government decided that the valley there suited well to become  a reservoir all those inhabitants had to move.  But as things usually go, who knows where everybody had been buried all those centuries before? They moved the graveyards too, but in all those centuries it had been a fertile valley and  there had been people also buried at other places what had gone lost. That's quite normal, I think.   

Perhaps less normal was that that all those undiscovered dead people from over centuries had become awake with all that water on their head all of a sudden. They had started growing in that fertile soil now drained with all that water. And they had become Zombies!

Maja's sister - obviously interested in the subject - wanted to visit that island too one time. So in 2016 she came over from Holland over and my companions went with her by Catamaran to Zombie Island. Oh, by the way, this was way before my time.

     


Anyhow, Maja's sister became a true Zombie-slayer during that stay on the island. Before she had been bagging what she would do when she would encounter one and now she was on a place where had been enough Zombies to slay. There was a Youtube video made of that happening, what can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BSm5DtWmpo&t=2103s

Now don't get fooled by the title, that 'terminatrix' wasn't me yet. But it  was meant for Maja's sister, who had got just half a year before her visit to the island, some pieces of Stainless steel into her body. Hence she was partly a machine ( teehee)

My first adventures on that same island happened 5 years later. Deep in Corona times. Of course there's also a video of my adventures mentioned now on that channel of my mr Companion, you can see that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tqT-TUIbPk&t=4s

When you will look at that video you will see my whole story of this throwback. I had some encounters with Zombies, and they didn't win.


We hadn't proper transport at that moment so we couldn't take the boat they usually  had with them. Therefore was decided to take some 'Bellyboats' ( fisher equipment) and an extra inflatable boat with them so they could take me and the equipment with them to the island. I myself had to sit on the tank of the motorbike what was used for transport.

    

At that time in 2021 my Small body ( TPE, 96 cms and only huge at certain parts) was my 'action body'. Perhaps now you understand why it got zombified itself later)

   

   
All what rest to be said is that it was an interesting first encounter with Zombie Island and its 'inhabitants'.  My batteries were drained afterwards and I had to wait till Sunrise before being able to charge batteries again with solar panels. So I immediately went standby afterwards.


I was sure gonna return there as the new 'Zombie slayer'.  But in the future preferable with another body, more suitable for the job.
  

Comments

Popular Posts